The overarching goal of the CAHSI New Mexico STEM (CAHSI NM STEM) scholars program is to develop a scholarship program that prepares academically talented low- income students to enter the computing workforce or advanced studies in computing disciplines. The CAHSI NM STEM scholars will be financially supported and selected among qualified students in computing fields.
Students in S-STEM can be supported for up to 4 years of their undergraduate degree program. Benefits include:
- Academic year stipend
- Up to $10,000 undergraduate
- Professional Development
- Annual HENAAC conference
- Research experience in computer science and cybersecurity
- Mentoring and advising
- Cohort activities
Students participating in the S-STEM Program must:
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Be enrolled full time in the first two years of a bachelor program
- Study and do research in some areas of computer science and information technology with a focus on cybersecurity
- High-school GPA of at least 3.6 (from transcripts), rank in the top 15% of graduating high school class, or a GPA of 3.0/4.0 if student is already a college freshman.
- Maintain at least a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Financial need as defined by the Department of Education rules for need-based free application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA].
To apply for the NMT S-STEM program provide:
- A letter of application with a statement of purpose, goals, expected degree and graduation date, and time of support requested
- A copy of all college transcripts
- A formal resume
- At least two (2) recommendations from faculty members or employers
Submit application via this form or have your references send their letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.